Grandmom Lucy’s Orange Crispies December 7, 2010Posted by General Zod in Food.
Christmas will soon be upon us. So I decided to share a recipe today that is the major cause of most of my “winter weight”. Every year at about this time, my loving bride sets out to make way too many cookies that get shared amongst friends and family alike. Eventually, she’s forced to make multiple batches of this one particular cookie, because it tends to disappear quicker than the others. Luckily, they’re as easy to make as they are downright tasty!
The following recipe was pulled from the “Christmas with Southern Living 2004” magazine publication.
Grandmom Lucy’s Orange Crispies
- 1 cup Shortening
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1½ tsp Orange Extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to at 375°.
- Beat shortening at Medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and orange extract, beating well.
- Combine flour and salt. Add to shortening mixture, beating until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes (or until edges are lightly browned).
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks.
- Eat. Repeat.